Established in 1990, the NDG Community Committee on Elder Abuse (NDGCCEA) is a nonprofit, community-based organization.
Our organization is comprised of volunteers, community groups and agencies committed to seniors and their well-being. Over the years, our efforts have focused on bringing attention to the growing but hidden phenomenon of elder abuse. Recently, we have focused on promoting user rights in long term care residences in order to improve the quality of care.
What We Do
A grassroots organization, the NDGCCEA works toward:
- Raising awareness and educating the public and senior groups on topics related to elder abuse.
- Delivering information sessions, educational programs and prevention projects.
- Offering intervention services and supporting seniors in the prevention and elimination of elder abuse, isolation and neglect.
- Encouraging positive and active aging.
Our outreach and intervention program, the SAVA Centre-Ouest, provided support, accompaniment and refuge service for victims of elder abuse by offering a listening ear and solutions to help put an end to the abusive behaviors. This program is currently suspended due to lack of funding.
Sources of income for the organization include individual and foundation donations as well as grants from municipal, provincial and federal government agencies.
Bianca Baldo (B.A., LL.L., LL.M.)
Daphne Nahmiash (Ph.D.)
Founder and Honorary
Ann Vergeylen (M.A. Ed)
Board Member at Large
Rhonda Grief Schwartz
We are currently seeking individuals with an interest in elder abuse to be a member of our board. Contact the NDGCCEA for more information.
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux Cavendish is part of the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS) de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal, created April 1, 2015 with the merger of public Institutions in the same region.
- The Centre des aînés Côte-des-Neiges is a community organization with events and activities for persons over 50 years living in Côte-des-Neiges and surrounding area.
- La Table de concertation des aînés de l’île de Montréal (TCAIM) provides a mechanism for uniting community organizations across the island of Montreal dedicated to improving the quality of life for seniors in tandem with all age groups.
- The Association for the Defence of People and Property under Public Curatorship caters to people who are coping with issues of legal incapacity, regimes of protection and public guardianship in the province of Quebec.